October 20, 2017, 11:19:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2017 Australian Gearbox Classes Superkart Championship winners.

250 International - Ilya Harpas
250 National - John Pellicano
125 National - Mark Robin

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Weight increase to 190 kegs..?  (Read 2147 times)
GtG001
Superkart Club Member

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2015, 03:01:18 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi Sam,
Yes, I remember reading about that meeting in 2012 and I attended the AASA Tiltes at Wakefield Park in 2013 (Stock Honda) because of that event.  Smiley
While there were a good number of entries at the Victorian State Titles, a lot of the interstate drivers did not attend.   Sad
This was a very successfully event for Victoria and SA with 20 Gearbox entries and 36 non-gearbox entries counting from the Natsoft results.

Compared to the SKA event in the same year 2012 there were the following:
At Phillip Island in 26/05/2012  you had 35 Gearbox karts attending and all states were represented.
At QRC in 11/08/2012 you had 33 Gearbox karts attending and all states were represented.

Sam, I am not the only one who thinks that the SKA are doing a good job of promoting the Australian Gearbox Superkart Championship; the numbers speak for themselves.
As far as getting new members into the Superkart clubs, that is not their brief.  Smiley

It is the responsibility of every Superkart club member to marketing Superkarting to whoever they find is interested.
The clubs are just a membership of like-minded individuals who love doing the same thing, and if they want to have a viable sport they need to find enough like-minded individuals to keep it viable.  Smiley

I believe that we need to have a representation in the motorsport arena so that Superkarting will be recognised by the public when they see one. That way, those who are interested, will seek out the local club and hopefully join this great sport which we all love so much. The Shannon’s Series gives us that representation and status amongst the other forms of motorsport.

I also believe firmly in the famous statement that Deng XiaoPing made and turned China around. “ it does not matter if the cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice”.

We really cannot afford to be divided within our sport as we do not have the luxury of excessive numbers to cater for a few lost members. We need to present a united front to any new members that walks into our sport and asks; what is it like to drive one these?

In regards to your question about being a member of the SKA – If the entrants of the SKA events do not like this condition, we can petition the SKA for a change and if that is done; you might just end up with what is currently happening within most clubs now ……

Regards
Allan

Allan Litten
250cc National
Race Number 90
Sam Zavaglia
Superkart Club Member

I'm All Shook Up

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2015, 03:22:38 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I believe that we need to have a representation in the motorsport arena so that Superkarting will be recognised by the public when they see one. That way, those who are interested, will seek out the local club and hopefully join this great sport which we all love so much. The Shannon’s Series gives us that representation and status amongst the other forms of motorsport.
Hasn't worked.....been doing Shannon's Series since 2005.
How many karts you sold recently Allan? I've sold about 20x Stock Honda and 1x 250 Twin in the last 3 years.  
People scared to invest in stuff that's not "off the shelf". We need to have Stock Honda and RotaxMax at Shannon's if you take your approach, not demonstrate these Mad Max, prototype, busted arse karts requiring technical assistance and "know now" when luring the average public walking around at Shannon's Nationals events.
All I hear is that you need wings and heavy min weights to attract new people into the sport......bullshit, maybe look nice but doesn't close the deal. Need something that "public" can walk in, purchase and have serviced all over the counter so they can go racing.......that's if your targeting "the public" as you put it.

Stock Honda / 250 International #9
Mike Wayne
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 03:42:43 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Wouldn't it be nice if this turned into a discussion about whether the 125GB weights fundamentally do need to increase or not. If someone had some data showing a range of drivers weighed over a range of race meetings did not meet the weight requirement and only a minority are able to get close to the standard weight then I think this would be a no brainer....and dare I say it the SKA probably do have this data??

Whether the SKA do or don't do a good job or whether they should be doing running the nationals is another story, personally I don't think Superkarters can afford to infight and run several different national championships and then wonder why class numbers are low. Look at any other category in Australia at a national level within CAMS and it is not run by the local clubs, so I don't know what the fascination is with in within Superkarting for national events to be shared out to the clubs. It's great that that's the way it was done in the 1980/90's but in my opinion there's no need for it now. National categories sure as hell don't support local clubs and most of them don't even have local/state championships as such. We should be grateful for that.

Mike Wayne
South Australia
#51 Stock Honda
Sqizzy
Superkart Club Member

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 04:09:58 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think someone asked for that data Mike to see the weight comparisons, apparently because of some bullshit "rights" we are not allowed to see them.

Owen
"hunting the Fiddler"
F?F?F?F?F?F?F?F?F
GtG001
Superkart Club Member

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

“Hasn't worked.....been doing Shannon's Series since 2005.”
I have to agree to disagree with you Sam. I do believe it could be better for sure.
As most marketing people will tell you, 50% of it works, 50% does not.
Most times, they do not know which 50% worked as people do not always conform to theory.
However, Superkarting is still going and there are good numbers preregistered for the Championship this year already.

“How many karts you sold recently Allan? I've sold about 20x Stock Honda and 1x 250 Twin in the last 3 years. “
Is this a, mines bigger than yours competition? You are probably smiling about now Shocked

“People scared to invest in stuff that's not "off the shelf". “
I understand that and I have pressed for the same thing in the National Class.

“We need to have Stock Honda and RotaxMax at Shannon's if you take your approach.”
The Stock Hondas can be at the Championship this year but we still need to get CAMS onside.
I would also love to see the non-gearbox involved with the Shannons Series –I am sure there are others people who want the same thing too. Smiley

“not demonstrate these Mad Max, prototype, busted arse karts requiring technical assistance and "know now" when luring the average public walking around at Shannon's Nationals events.”
No comment but I like the use of the word luring. Have you thought of writing a book on Australian Superkarting? I think it would be a good read. Smiley

“All I hear is that you need wings and heavy min weights to attract new people into the sport......bullshit, maybe look nice but doesn't close the deal.”
If the club members vote on a change and it is carried, then the members have spoken! That is the way it should be as each member has an equal voice if they take the time to vote. I would love to see web-conferencing instigated for those that do not attend the club meetings personally or even voting by mail on issue that affect their class.  Smiley

“Need something that "public" can walk in, purchase and have serviced all over the counter so they can go racing.......that's if your targeting "the public" as you put it.”
Superkarting caters for all types of members, some do not like to play, and others do. Who is to say that they shouldn’t or should.
You, yourself are both from what I have seen over the years and probably lean more to the player side.
For those who do not want to play, I would agree it is a good option to have an off-the-shelf product and can only help to appeal to this type of person.
I have also pressed this same idea for the National Class on the NSW forum.
 Smiley

Allan Litten
250cc National
Race Number 90
Sam Zavaglia
Superkart Club Member

I'm All Shook Up

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 04:33:03 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

“How many karts you sold recently Allan? I've sold about 20x Stock Honda and 1x 250 Twin in the last 3 years. “
Is this a, mines bigger than yours competition? You are probably smiling about now Shocked
Definitely NOT, just that since I have sold/brokered so many Superkarts recently, I know what and why the people are buying.
Remember I sold your Stock Honda package twice, once to you and once for you.  Wink

Sam Zavaglia
Superkart Club Member

I'm All Shook Up

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 04:58:54 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

“We need to have Stock Honda and RotaxMax at Shannon's if you take your approach.”
The Stock Hondas can be at the Championship this year but we still need to get CAMS onside.
I would also love to see the non-gearbox involved with the Shannons Series –I am sure there are others people who want the same thing too. Smiley
Allan,
I got 4 or 5 Stock Hondas to Shannon's Nationals Event and I personally sponsored their trophies.
It directly helped the SKA bottom line, they had zero expense but 4 or 5 entries at "full price" that SKA would not have not normally had.
Two SKA Directors then expressed their negative opinions of Stock Honda karts racing as 125GB at "their" meeting......now they wish they were back? What's a matter SKA.....numbers now too low?
Those karts were 100% legally entitled to enter and race in the 125GB class which they did.

So where's their apology to the Stock Honda group? Such shameless people!

GtG001
Superkart Club Member

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 05:15:25 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi Mike,
Sounds like you are back in SA again. Welcome home  Smiley

I am sure the club will be happy to see your face out at the meetings again.  Cheesy
Ben McNamara also runs a Stock Honda in the club and has been circulating in the 1:16's at the last meeting so he should keep you honest.
Here is a link to his last meeting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWXgB9dPd94

Dalton holds the record at 1:15:50 if I remember correctly so that is the target to you need to beat  Smiley See you out there.  Smiley

Regards
Allan Litten

Allan Litten
250cc National
Race Number 90
Pils PitBeach

Stock Honda

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 10:10:57 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

That's not Mike Wayne...That's CAPTAIN RISKY! KICKITNRIPIT  Grin
Captain drives a STONDA  Cool

Stewart Matthews
Labour Options Racing
NSW
# 67
125 Stonda
BRM GPM-66
Mike Wayne
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Cheers Alan and see you out there.

Mike Wayne
South Australia
#51 Stock Honda
Rolf Greve
Superkart Club Member

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2015, 04:13:54 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It's now official.
125 Gearbox is now set at 190 kegs.
The bulletin has been released by cams effective May 11.

If this is old news sorry, carry on and have another can.

Grin

Victoria
125 GB

Active superkart member 20 years
and still doin it in two strokes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: